Monday, January 11, 2010

Aidan is 4!!





I just love my little, big man!! Aidan is a caring, fun-loving, wonderful human being, and it is such a joy to be his mom!
We had a great party at Child Planet, a children´s play place here in Oslo. His guests were:

Taylor (Tonje and Kelly´s daughter and a great playmate to Aidan)
Maja (Bo and Jenny´s daughter)
Juni and Eirill (sisters and daughters of Frøy and Jørn)
Nikolas (Hilde´s daughter)

And Momo and Elfrid came as well! Momo made a delicious marzipan-covered cream cake, and I made some very simple vanilla cupcakes.
Maja´s gift was a huge plastic sword, and Aidan loves it. He asked me what it was, which was nice as he´s never had a toy weapon before. So he´s slowly losing his innocence, but as long as it´s with a plastic sword which he´s convinced is a pirate sword, we´ll be fine :)
Taylor gave Aidan a remote-controlled jeep, which I am going to like playing with. I have always liked remote-controlled cars, and so I get to play with it when Aidan is in kindergarten!
Momo gave Aidan a really cute electronic toy cash register, and Aidan´s loving ringing up our grocery orders and giving us our bags of food.
Elfrid and Ivar gave Aidan an airport set, and Aidan´s really enjoying it. It´s all over our living room floor. So it´s a big airport!
Nikolas gave Aidan a really sweet wooden xylophone. Aidan loves music, so he´ll get good use out of that.
And last but not least, Juni and Eirill gave Aidan a 3 cd set of Albert Aaberg´s stories and music. He was a Swedish children´s author, and I´m sure we´ll all enjoy the cd´s. I love almost everything Swedish when it comes to kids music and films!

After the party, we came home and Aidan was on a high. He said "now I know how to be a party man." Hehe!

No comments: